VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 02A-2011
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia January 18, 2011
(All applications received under Vacancy Announcement 02-2011 remain current and active; these individuals need not reapply to be considered for the position under this Vacancy Announcement.)
OPEN TO: All Eligible Family Members (EFMs), Members of Household (MOH) and Not Ordinarily Resident (NORs) - All Agencies. (Only U.S. Citizens are Eligible)
POSITION: Human Resources Assistant – FSN – 08; FP-06*
OPENING DATE: January 18, 2011
CLOSING DATE: February 8, 2011
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *EFM/MOH/NOR: US$ 44,737 p.a. (Starting Salary)
(Position Grade: FP-06 to be confirmed by Washington)
NOTE: ONLY ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBERS AS DEFINED BY 3 FAM 8200 OF US GOVERNEMENT EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THE MISSION AUTHORITY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. AN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED
The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Human Resources Assistant in the Human Resources Office of the Embassy.
Basic Function of Position
The Human Resources Assistant assists the Regional Human Resources Officer in providing HR support to 100 direct-hire and contractor American staff, 23 family member employees, and nearly 100 TDY employees. Serves as primary support and back-up to HRO on all matters related to American performance evaluation processing and provides full-service HR interface for Family Members who wish to work at Post, and current employees at Post; and all other agencies including, USAID/PC/CDC and the US Military TDYers both long term and short term.
Full HR services include but not limited to:
- Family Member Appointment position management
- HR Information System Administration (web-pass)
- Pay and Benefits Administration
- Business and Official Entry and Exit Visa management
- Duty Free Administration
- Processing of Personnel Actions
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-6000)
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Required Education: Two years of college/university study is required.
- Required Prior Experience: Two years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required.
- Language Requirement: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Writing English is required.
- Other Skills: Basic knowledge of U.S. Federal employment law, USG Standardized Regulations and Department of State Human Resources policies and procedures is preferred. Incumbent must be competent in the use of MS Office suite.
- Additional Criteria: Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Interpersonal skill Requirement: Must exhibit customer service and excellent written and communicative skills, and having a cooperative working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFM) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Federal Employment (DS-174) http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provide the same information as an DS-174; plus
- Any other documentation (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-6000 Ext. 6196
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: February 8, 2011
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The US Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
CLEARED: D/HRO – Terry L. Owens